PE Grant/Sports Premium Funding
What is the PE and Sports Grant?
The PE and Sports Grant is additional funding given to publically-funded schools in England to improve physical education and sports in Primary schools. This money can only be spent on sport and PE provision.
Each school receives £8,000 and £5 per pupil based on the school census data.
How does this affect and impact on Brimble Hill School?
The Sports Premium is used within Brimble Hill School to support engagement and achievement of all pupils, following our inclusive ethos.
The principles underlying our use of this grant are that we want:
- All pupils to engage with movement and physical activity in ways which ensure that they benefit from their education in all senses
- That the staff working with our children are as highly skilled in teaching sports and physical development as possible
- That we endeavour to provide a wide variety of sporting and physical activities to all our pupils.
Cover has been provided for the PE Co-ordinator to organise events and activities including attending inter-school and county sports competitions with groups of pupils from across the school.
The school provides additional staff cover for events to ensure that pupils are able to attend and participate in events. Most years we aim to take part in the 'Panathlon - South West Region, 'Best of the Best' at Stoke Mandeville.
We continue to employ a rebound therapist for 1 morning a week to provide rebound therapy to a group of pupils who struggle to access more traditional PE sessions.
We continue to employ a dance therapist to deliver sessions to a group of pupils across the school, again those who struggle to access more traditional PE sessions.
During lunch times we also provide pupils with the opportunity to use tricycles, scooters and go-karts, which all need to be maintained and some replacement equipment will need to be ordered.
As a school we organise our timetable so that the PE Co-ordinator is able to deliver most of the taught PE sessions across the school from Year 1 to 6. This will act as a teacher professional development opportunity, to further raise standards of PE delivery across the school and ensure this can be sustained for the future.
- continue with Rebound and Dance Therapy
- continue a lunchtime sports club
- develop a wide range of sports (e.g. boxing)
- further develop inter-school competitive sports events including participation with regional events
- continue to source external providers to deliver one-off experiences in a variety of different areas.